Find out about events you can enjoy during BHM in Suffolk. Find out about events you can enjoy during BHM in Norfolk.
Please see below (and attached to the e-mail) the work that Norfolk and Suffolk Constabularies have done to celebrate Black History Month 2021:
- Culture Club across both forces (attached) has been developed by Suffolk’s Diverse Communities Advisor and is our main feature throughout BHM, also promoting this to our local community groups and Cadets
- Local events will be published across both forces (attached) and both officers and staff have been supported by the DCC’s to be given time to attend community events.
- Norfolk police are linked in with Norwich City FC and will be doing 2 talks with their young players. The first is on 13 October and will focus on hate crime and how discrimination can end up in football. The second event is to be held on 26 October and will focus on Stop Search, unconscious bias from both us as a police force and the football players themselves. Norwich FC will also film both events. The event is to be led by our Diversity Manager, EMPA co-chair, ACC Nick Davidson, Engagement Officers alongside some of the players from club.
- Norfolk Positive Action have linked in with East Norfolk Sixth Form and alongside our Diversity Manager and will put on a workshop on BHM – date TBC.
- Suffolk police have linked in with Ipswich Town FC and will be attending on a game night, having a stall set up celebrating BHM and promoting our culture club along with some events that are happening in the local area. The stall is being ran by our Positive Action Advisor alongside 2 of our SEPA members.
- Suffolk police are also attending an assembly at Chantry Academy to have a discussion on racism in schools, policing and football – date TBC
- Both forces are filming/getting a written article with some of our officers and staff – a look at their heritage, reflecting on experiences growing up and describing life in the police force now.
Know of an even that’s not on the list? Please let me know: firstname.lastname@example.org.